RPM Speed Rope 3.0 - COMP (Bare Cable)
The RPM Fitness 3.0 Comp Rope was developed with none other than the legend himself, Jason Khalipa.
A fan and user of RPM ropes for years, Jason asked RPM to create a rope with an even more aggressive knurling pattern for improved grip under the sweatiest of conditions, and a locking set screw for extra confidence in that cable/handle connection.
So the RPM engineering team went to work, and the Comp edition RPM speed rope was born.
Why is the 3.0 Comp Rope so amazing?
- 100% precision machined aluminium handles, bomb proof and guaranteed for life.
- Patented dual axis rotation, allowing your handles to stay on the end of the rope while eliminating torque build up in the cable.
- Oilite bushing internal anti-friction system for a smooth spin while maximising power transfer from handle to cable, making for the most efficient rope ever created.
- Built standard with the BARE CABLE (12ft length), but is also compatible with all colours of both the bare and coated cables! This bare cable is crazy fast and light for maximum speed in competition, but is not quite as durable as our coated cable.
- Super aggressive competition knurl for improved grip when it matters most!
- Locking set screws for the most secure cable/handle connection possible.
- Comes with a microfibre bag for easy storage and transport.
What's new on the 3.0 Comp Rope
- Completely redesigned head, featuring chamfered cable exit points, allowing for a more extreme cable departure angle with less stress on the cable and longer cable life.
- All new anchor disc (replaces the ball) for smoother dual axis rotation and the optional addition of locking set screws (standard on comp edition).
- Improved internal anti-friction through the addition of a flanged oilite bushing, completely eliminating bare metal to metal contact for an even smoother, faster spin, while maintaining that legendary control and power transfer that RPM speed ropes are known for.
Some words of advice from the crew at The WOD Life:
- If you are a bare cable junkie because you just have the need for speed, be sure to stick to rubber gym flooring and other similar smooth surfaces to help your cable last longer.
- If you're a concrete/dirt/sand/lava/anything goes kinda jumper just be sure you're packing a coated cable so your adventure lasts longer.
The bare cable rope is to be used on gym flooring only - do not use on concrete or asphalt as the bare cable will fray very quickly!
Prior to use:
- Ensure the cable is correctly sized and cut with a high quality wire cutter.
- Ensure the screw is fastened very tightly in the rope to ensure that the bearing and cable are locked in place effectively.
A range of RPM accessories and spare parts can be found here.
How to size up your rope?